In this blog, we’ll look at our pick of top 10 blog sites for 2013 to inspire you. Social stories are very powerful – more powerful than any other type of media today.
And after talking to hundreds of local businesses during our recent ‘Writing Killer Blogs’ workshops, we found that only a few of our attendees have a business blog.
While searching through what seemed like thousands of blogs to find interesting case studies for our workshop attendees, we found some real gems amidst the quartz. We thought’s we’d share the most inspiring of those blog sites to motivate you to get blogging!
Wasabi’s Top 10 Blogs site picks for 2013 are:
- Everyone’s favourite marketing blogger – Seth Godin. Bestselling author of 14 books, a world renowned speaker (Ted.com) his blog is considered one of the most popular in the world written by a single blogger. Seth recently wrote is 5,000th post!
- Big Think – ’big idea hunters‘ When you’re in need of some expert analysis of the big ideas behind world news, turn to Big Think. Big Think is an evolving roadmap to the best thinking on the planet.
- The Business of Fashion is another Webby Awards nominee that has gained a global following as an essential daily resource for fashion creatives in over 200 countries.
- Mental Floss Has random, interesting amazing facts that feed your right brain, nurture your left brain and indulges your scatter brain.
- herBusiness – The Australian Businesswomen’s network won the best Best Business category in the 2013 Best Australian Blogs competition. The blog is written by a number of bloggers who write and share from their own entrepreneurial experience.
- According to Google, Fail Blog is one of the most frequently searched blog terms today. The Fail blog is written by Cheezburger and is one of the largest social humour sites on the internet.
- Think manufacturing is boring? Think again. General Electric has created a beautiful blog on Tumblr that celebrates the changing worlds of science and technology.
- And speaking of Tumblr, what a great platform it is for Air Canada’s enRoute travel blog.
- Dezeen Magazine was nominated as one of the best business blogs in the 2013 Webby Awards. It’s a visual feast that focuses on Architecture, Interiors and Design.
- Blank on Blank is a multimedia not for profit organisation that finds vintage interview tapes from radio that few people ever got to hear and brings them back to life. On this audio blog they remix and reanimate these lost treasures for subscribers to listen to. Check out this lost interview remixed and reanimated of James Brown on ‘Conviction, Respect & Reagan’.
We’re absolutely certain that we could grow the best blog list to 100 so if you’ve got an interesting blog that you follow and would like to share, we’d love to hear about it. Simply enter your blogs into our comments area below to join the conversation.
Still not convinced that a blog will work for your business? See our blog on “Why your business should blog” here.
Written by: Melissa Chaddock